[X4U] start app in background

Jim Freeman jpfreeman at mac.com
Wed Nov 2 06:43:09 PST 2005

Yes. What prompted me to ask was that I wanted to send a photo to
someone using iPhoto. I launched iPhoto using LaunchBar and then
clicked back on Mail in the dock to go back to the message i was
writing. I don't know if behavior has changed or it depends on the
app, but sometimes the launching app will keep jumping to the front
and I'll keep having to click on the dock to get back to what I'm
doing. In this case I launched iPhoto and was able to work in Mail
until iPhoto was ready. I guess I should read LaunchBar documentation
and see what they say. And there is Command-H, although I don't know
if it would always work with a launching ap. Not a huge deal, just an
annoyance and I thought that maybe there was a solution out there.

Jim