[X4U] Email Messages retrieval during DL "stalls"

Lee Licata lazilicata at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 23:42:31 PST 2005

Dear List,

I am running a 17" G3, 10.3.9, using Mail to DL my messages from gmail.
All updates are installed

Lately, on emails that I know to be less than 2 k in size, the
retrieval "stalls" during the DL. In the activity window, the email
that it stalls on stays up,  the red bar stays and does not move, and
the copy bar (I have rules) stays red also.

I have deleted the mail cache, force an update to the plist file, ran
cocktail, fix disk permissions, and searched for other pref files that
I could delete w/o having to delete the mail plist as I really do not
want to chance the possibility that I might not be able to regain the
ability to download gmail into Mail.

In my playing around, I noticed that if I click on the in box, then the
outbox during the retrieval, or click somewhere in Mail, and then in
the finder, back and forth, I can "force" (?) the DL to continue. If I
do not do that, I get some emails, and the others I do not get until
Mail goes to retrieve.

Any ideas about what may be happening?

Thanks in advance!

Lee