[X4U] OSX and fonts

Andrew J. Yon III ayon2 at sc.rr.com
Thu Nov 3 17:12:48 PST 2005

> On Nov 3, 2005, at 11:24 AM, Kansas Territory wrote:
>
> You suppose a Dual 1.25 G4 with 768mb ram would suffer from just
> opening up all these fonts and leaving them active.

Try adding more memory. My Dual 1.25 Firewire 800 does not suffer in
the least from too many of anything open. I have 2 GB of ram in it
and have many of everything open on it at one time. Sometimes I have
VPC open and running three different flavors of XP ( home , xp, and
xp pro ) all running at the same time as also having one win 98se
running along with them.

Fonts do seem to cause more problems than any other item though.

OSX 10.4.3 / 2 GB RAM / two 250 GB HD / Pioneer 109 superdrive /

Andy3