[X4U] The Obligatory "10.4.3 installed fine" Thread

Adam Bass abasscube at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 03:56:04 PST 2005

Yep, the upgrade went flawlessly for me as well, on a 15" PowerBook
1.67 GHz. The greatest improvement by far is Spotlight. I can
actually use Spotlight searching from a Finder window and it doesn't
bring up the spinning beachball and hang for several seconds!
Searching from the Spotlight menu is noticeably faster as well. There
is still a bug in Spotlight searching from the Finder though: when
typing in a search, if you try to scroll down in the list before the
results are done loading, then every time more results become
available, the list will jump back to the top. So although it doesn't
hang my computer at all when searching, you still have to wait for
all the results to become available in order to effectively scroll to
the result you want. Thankfully, the search results come up much
faster than in 10.4.2, so I'm usually only waiting a few seconds.
Still, it's a rather annoying bug that hopefully Apple will fix soon.

Adam