[X4U] Program to remove personal info tags

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Thu Nov 10 18:07:32 PST 2005

The only files that I can see have the information (which is under
the "more info..." disclosure triangle in the item's Get Info window)
are .pdfs printed via OSX's print-to-pdf function.  I've checked .jpg
and .gif files produced by GraphicConverter (which is registered
under my name) as well as .png files generated by screen shots, and
they don't have any identifiying information visible...at least under
the Get Info window.

I know that Word files usually contain all kinds of information in
the file format...including what they used to refer to as the GUID
(global user ID??) (I think) that included some information about
your computer's MAC address.

Are there other, specific files that you see that have yo down as
"author" in the Get Info window?  I think this is an interesting
topic, and wish there were more responses!

Michael