[X4U] Random signatures

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Fri Nov 11 03:30:56 PST 2005

Hi,
I use Entourage, but this might work in Mail.app.
When I used Kmail in FreeBSD, I liked it's ability to run the output of a
shell script as a signature.
This script picks a random line from a text file of "redneck-ism's" and
copies it to the clipboard.
I created an AppleScript to run it from the Entourage Scripts menu, so all I
have to do is open a new email, run the AppleScript, and paste it into my
msg.
I think it's neat, thought you might enjoy it.
I haven't looked into a way to get the AppleScript to paste to the open
email yet, so if anyone has a suggestion on that, I'd like to hear it.
___________
#!/bin/sh

f=~/Documents/redneck.txt

n=`jot -r 1 1 1322`

sed -n $n\p $f | pbcopy
--
Charles

You might be a redneck if...
You¹ve ever tried to paint a room with melted crayons and a vacuum cleaner
turned on reverse.