[X4U] Apple Backup 3.0.1 automated backups

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Sat Nov 12 09:06:12 PST 2005

I do a weekly incremental backup using Apple's Backup 3.0.1. I have it set
to run in the middle of the night, but my Mac goes to sleep so the backup
doesn't run until I come back to it the next morning.

Apparently Backup won't copy files that are in use, so my Microsoft Main
User Identity Database file rarely gets backed up (I have copies that Office
itself makes, and I synchronize my main user identity frequently between my
desktop G5 and my PowerBook, but the problem raises the question of how to
automate the process so that it will occur without me manually waking up
myself so I can wake up my computer for the backup when I'm not using the
computer.

Is this do-able? I can't see how from the Backup application itself.

Jim Robertson