[X4U] Internal Modem and Classic Apps

Allen Brewer trylk at satx.rr.com
Wed Nov 16 20:19:12 PST 2005

Greetings,

Anyone have any suggestions (other than get new software) on getting
a classic app to use the internal modem on a mac mini?

Running 10.4.3 and classic. I have a client with classic apps that
use the modem to send claims. Application is barking about not seeing
Serial Tool, TTY Tool, VT102 Tool, XModem Tool.

I went to Apple site and downloaded OS 9 versions of these and put
the extenstions in the System 9 Folder/Extensions and restarted
classic. Didn't seem to do the trick.

Suggestions, hints, sympathy all welcome.

Allen