[X4U] LaserWriter NTR

John McClernan mcclernan1 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 19 16:01:20 PST 2005

Here is the connection chain, as I used it:

Printer's 8-pin serial port > LocalTalk box  > 4-pin LocalTalk cable
 > LocalTalk box > Ethernet bride serial port > Ethernet cable from
the bridge's ethernet port to ethernet port of the computer. If you
are already using the ethernet port of the computer for some other
purpose, you will need an ethernet hub or switch.

As I mentioned, I used the AsanteTalk bridge, here's 2 links to check
out:

http://asante.com/products/productsLvl3/AsanteTalk.asp
http://asante.com/downloads/misc/ATALK_OSX_TD.pdf  (has a special
note about the LW-NTR)

Cheers,
John

On Nov 19, 2005, at 6:18 PM, Dorothy Hennings wrote:

Thanks Randy and John,
I have some LocalTalk cables, three 8-pin plug connector boxes with
connector box cables, and two cable extenders. I do not have a
LocalTalk Ethernet Bridge. I need more info on the Bridge and what
cable goes from the Bridge to the OS  10.4 Tiger equipped iMac.  I
know the LaserWriter takes an 8-pin plug connector-cable (which I have).

I will be away from the computer starting Nov 19 for about 10 days.