[X4U] Re: CD stuck in drive

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Mon Nov 21 06:36:16 PST 2005

On Nov 21, 2005, at 6:48 AM, Michael Elliott wrote:

> Unfortunately, the *G5* iMac doesn't have a bezel that flips open.
> It's slot-loading.

Even though the old iMac DV's were slot loading, they still had a a
hunk of plastic covering and forming the opening, and an eject hole.
The trick is being able to see in there and find it (two paperclips
to hold things open and a kid holding a flashlight).

I've never seen an optical drive without a manual eject hole. Doesn't
mean they don't exist, I've just never seen (or heard) of one.

-Mike