[X4U] **RANT** video stuff on the web

Anne-Marie Concepcion mylists at senecadesign.com
Tue Nov 22 09:13:55 PST 2005

At 4:32 PM -0500 11/21/05, Jesse Leo wrote:
>I try to listen to a song clip on Amazon.com so I can decide
>if I want to buy the album... Won't work. I try to stream my favorite radio
>station... Doesn't work... Etc, etc, etc...

completely agree.

In the past week I tried to watch a video on cnn.com ... nope. Tried
to watch a video on mtv.com ... nope.

Windows Media Player for the Mac is and has been at version 9 since
pre-Jaguar (circa 2003). And it's not on parity by any means with WMP
for Windows (which btw is at v10).

It's *really* aggravating. MS is playing hardball w/Apple (by not
upgrading their media sw for the mac) and we're caught in the middle.

AM