[X4U] Re: CD stuck in drive

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at SonyDADC.com
Tue Nov 22 19:37:33 PST 2005

I've pulled many CD/DVD drives apart to clean the lens and it isn't that
difficult, though I haven't had a disc stuck in the drive.

Once you have the drive separated from the Mac you should be able to
remove the top plate with a few screws.

The hardest part, from memory, might be the metal arm that sits over the
disc when it is in place. The drawer usually doesn't like to slide open
unless the cogs have had a small rotation to "unlock" it first. Perhaps
there will be a big enough gap for you to be able to slide the CD out
without having to pry too much, once the lid is off.

And, hey, I've even had a drive come alive after pulling it out of the Mac
and putting it back in. Could have been bad connections.

Have a play and see what you can come up with.

Best 'o luck.

Cojcolds

Tut <tut at mac.com>
Sent by: x4u-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
23/11/05 11:34 AM
Please respond to
"A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
cc

Subject
[X4U] Re: CD stuck in drive

Happy Thanks Giving to you all.

I would gladly have Apple's service person do a replacement, were it not
for
the sensitive nature of the CD in the drive. I simply don't trust anyone
laying hands on it.

Unfortunately the pdf on Apple's site does not include any tip about
removing CDs, only replacing the drive, and I already figured that out.

Thanks anyway guys, you have all tried to help as best you could. I am
grateful.