[X4U] flip4mac [was: **RANT** video stuff on the web]

Neil Lists at mac.com
Wed Nov 23 07:43:50 PST 2005

on 11/23/05 3:13 AM, Mark wrote:

> On 22 Nov 2005, at 22:28, Neil wrote:
>
>> Do you mean that it has the same problems playing the WMV 10 files
>> that Windows Media Player v9 has?

> That's my nderstanding - I think it just allows QT to take over the
> playing of WMVs. I got the next version up because I was downloading
> (legit) files for work that didn't need showing in their entirety.
> Flip4mac allowed me to use QTPro to edit and save these.

My digital camcorder records into the MPEG4 codec contained in a .asf file
that only plays in Windows Media Player, not QT.  I would love to get these
into QT so I could get them onto my video iPod.

I downloaded and installed flip4mac, but it didn't have any documentation.
When I click on the app, it launches QT.  When I double-click one of those
video files, it still plays in Windows Media Player.  When I try to drag the
file onto QT, nothing happens, even if I cmd-opt-drag.  So, how is the
program supposed to work?  Thanks.