[X4U] Changing mice

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Sat Nov 26 14:19:47 PST 2005

> On 11/26/05 12:54 PM, Charles Howse <chowse at charter.net> wrote:
>
>> If I should decide to change from the 'soap bar' mouse that came with my new
>> PowerMac to the Microsoft Blue 2-button, optical scroll mouse, is it as easy
>> as just unplugging one and plugging in the other?
>>
>> I searched the apple.com site for 'hardware compatibility list', 'changing
>> mice', etc, and didn't find anything useful.  If anyone finds an Apple
>> support article that's apropos, could you please indicate the search string
>> you used so I can learn something?
>
> I typed 'two-button mouse' into Sherlock's AppleCare channel and got the
> following article appeared at the top of the Relevance column:
>
> Connecting and using peripherals for Switchers
> Mac OS X has built-in support for USB mouse devices and keyboards. You can
> use a two-button mouse and a mouse with a scroll wheel. Check the mouse
> manufacturer¹s website for Mac OS X software to enable other features, or go
> to http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/drivers

I finally found this:
http://www.apple.com/macosx/upgrade/input.html
on page 8 of the first url.  ;-)

It tells me what I want to know except about just unplugging the old and
plugging in the new.  It's got to be that simple (except for drivers, if
any), that's what usb is all about, right?

Thanks, Eddie.