[X4U] Tiger's Calculator.app no longer does percentages?

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Mon Nov 28 02:48:17 PST 2005

On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 01:49:56PM CST, Eddie Hargreaves <meged at earthlink.net> wrote:
:
: The Calculator application located in /Applications (just so
: everyone knows I'm not talking about the widget) doesn't
: appear to do percentages correctly anymore in Tiger.
:
: Example: Type 28.05 + 15% =
: I get 28.2
:
: In Panther, it performs correctly and automatically converts
: the 15% to 4.2075, making the final sum 32.2575
:
: Is there some setting I can change in Tiger to make this work again?
:
: Eddie Hargreaves
:
: P.S. You need to have it in Scientific mode to use %

"28.05 + 15%" = "28.05 + 0.15" = 28.2

Or do you mean "28.05 x 15%" ???

BTW, 28.05 x 15% comes out to 4.2075.

I'm using Tiger 10.4.3.