[X4U] Tiger's Calculator.app no longer does percentages?

net kat netkat at comcast.net
Mon Nov 28 03:15:40 PST 2005

You wouldn't do that even if calculators didn't exist, because there
are rules for which operations are done first, second, etc.

OS X calculator has the order of operations programmed into it,
otherwise, you'd have to "do" that FOR the calculator, computing each
operation in it's proper order, jotting down the result, then adding
the results together.

So, as for having the calculator "act more intelligently," I guess
that's another debate. I do want the calculator to save me time and
drudgery, and therefore, I do want my use of the % key to be relative
to the number I'm operating on, and not for it to blindly and
stupidly return 0.15 for 15% unless the number I'm working on is 1.0

nk