[X4U] Tiger's Calculator.app no longer does percentages?

net kat netkat at comcast.net
Mon Nov 28 05:09:41 PST 2005

can't say I'm on board with ya there, either.  I would say that "by"
means "times"
but to say what OF this is that, you're describing a portion of the
whole.

But, to re-OSX-ify the thread, I think the original poster was
talking about Calculator behavior, ie, when you punch in the keys,
what does Calculator do with that? What is the user experience like?

The preponderance of calculators, both virtual and physical, handle
the problem the same way, which is: "here's a number. add 15% of that
number to that number and give me the result."

To have a % key which merely returns 0.15 for 15% is not just a waste
of a key, but people who don't know that 15% of 1.0 is 0.15 are going
to be stumped anyway, not helped.

nk