[X4U] Is the topic of how calculators do percentages worth 87 posts to this list?

silvo conticello silvoc at tiscali.it
Tue Nov 29 01:52:12 PST 2005

On 29 Nov 2005, at 03:51, net kat wrote:

> It was also disclosed that the Panther calculator and some versions
> of the Tiger Calculator
> do successfully interpret 28.05 + 15% as 32.2575

A bit off topic from the thread, but it could be useful: in these
days I don't use anymore the calculator (application or widget), I
use instead Launchbar coupled with Google.
I just invoke a google search from launchbar and type there my
formula and the result "magically" appears on a webpage. This is much
faster than opening calculator and start typing or dialing the formula.
To go back in topic: google calculator works as the tiger calculator
(28.05 + 15%=28.2) :(

Silvo

Silvo Conticello
Albook 17" 1.67GHz/1.5Gb RAM/120Gb HD/OS10.4.3
iMac 1GHz/500Mb Ram/80Gb HD/OS10.4.3/17" display
Cambridge UK