[X4U] My Sony CD-RW CRX170E IS NOT RESPONDING.

Jim Scott jescott3 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 08:46:15 PST 2005

First, thank you very, very much for starting a new thread that has
nothing to do with mathematics!

Second, when was the last time you cleaned your CD drive? Your
problem may be caused by a piece of lint, a dust ball or something
similar that's blocking the laser. The best way to clean the laser is
to use one of those disks with a brush on it. Failing that, a very
short blast of compressed air aimed into the drive while the tray is
out may do the trick. Or it may be that the drive cable isn't firmly
seated.

-- Jim