[X4U] Kernel panic on start up. HELP!

Meg St.Clair megsaint at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 29 13:34:40 PST 2005

This morning, one of the programs I was using (MusigMagic Mixer). After numerous restarts, I decided just to restart my PB 12 inch (latest system updates). Got back to the log in screen' typed in my info and...kernel panic. I tried a couple of times with the same result. Further note: I forgot that I had an external firewire drive plugged in. I believe it is considered best practice to unmount it first and I usually do, though not always.  Stupidly, all of my trouble shooting hints are on the computer itself (permission to snicker).

Some guidance would be greatly appreciated. I have another PB (maybe Tiger, maybe Panther) so I could certainly boot on off the other in target disk mode if it comes to that. I have my sysyem disks but never updated my utility software for Tiger. I so rarely need it!

Thanks
Meg

Sent with Wireless Sync from Verizon Wireless