[X4U] Kernel panic on start up. HELP!

Nick Scalise nickscalise at cox.net
Tue Nov 29 13:56:13 PST 2005

> From: Meg St.Clair <megsaint at earthlink.net>
>
> This morning, one of the programs I was using (MusigMagic Mixer). After
numerous restarts, I decided just to restart my PB 12 inch (latest system
updates). Got back to the log in screen' typed in my info and...kernel panic. I
tried a couple of times with the same result. Further note: I forgot that I had
an external firewire drive plugged in. I believe it is considered best practice to
unmount it first and I usually do, though not always.  Stupidly, all of my
trouble shooting hints are on the computer itself (permission to snicker).

> Some guidance would be greatly appreciated. I have another PB (maybe
Tiger, maybe Panther) so I could certainly boot on off the other in target disk
mode if it comes to that. I have my sysyem disks but never updated my utility
software for Tiger. I so rarely need it!

Restart in Safe Mode and see if your machine Kernel Panics then. If it does not
kernel panic when booted in safe mode, it is probably something in your
Startup Items that is failing.

To restart in Safe Mode, hold down the Shift key when rebooting.

--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at cox.net