[X4U] Testing RAM (was Re: RAM lessons even the stubborn can learn)

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Nov 30 16:24:28 PST 2005

At 7:00 PM -0500 11/30/05, Neil wrote:
>on 11/30/05 6:44 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>
>>  In spite of this thread, I decided to be brave today, I was able to
>>  get 2 1GB PC3200 CL3 Matched Kingston sticks at a reasonable price,
>>  and I had to go into the store anyway to exchange a dead HD.
>>  Basically I paid two-thirds what a 2GB Kit of Kingston RAM for the G5
>>  would have cost
>
>Kingston is name brand ram, right?

As far as I'm concerned, it's one of the top brands.  There are a
couple that might be better, but they target the PC Overclocker
market, and don't sell Mac RAM.

Realistically, I don't think there is any real difference between
KVR400X64C3AK2/2G and KTA-G5400/2G, although the one is sold as
"Value RAM" and the other as a "Mac G5 Specific" kit.

			Zane