[X4U] Applecare

bombino episimos 1belami at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 16:02:31 PDT 2005

I heartily concur with the side of this discussion that is pro Applecare.
Up until my current G5, I had to use it exactly once to have a zip drive
replaced on my beige G3.  In the 14 months I have had this G5, I am, alas,
on my 3rd logic board, my 2nd processor, and at my wit's end.  However,
Applecare has footed the bill for all this, as well as pick up and delivery.

[FWIW:  I did speak to Apple, and pleasantly and very apologetically they
agreed that if anything else goes wrong with this machine, it will be
replaced.]