[X4U] Re: X4U Digest, Vol 14, Issue 2

Tut tut at mac.com
Tue Oct 4 01:36:35 PDT 2005

>> Remeber with System 9 how well Norton's recovered
>> files that had been trashed and the trash emptied?
>> Is there such a utility or application that can do this for OSX ?
>> I seen one that recovers digital camera pics but I need one for
>> all files.
>

> We just had an entire thread on this.  OS X is much less forgiving than
> OS 9 in such a situation.  There are file recovery programs that work
> well, but really they only work well if your drive's directory becomes
> corrupted or if your drives is otherwise damaged.  They don't work well
> if you trash files you didn't mean to trash.
>
> The best of the lot is:
>
> Data Rescue
> <http://www.prosofteng.com/products/data_rescue_info.php?PHPSESSID=508b9597
> 929a9cdaadcb6cd47ef3e715>
>
> Please let us know if you have any success.

I used Data Rescue for some time, but got sick of the amout of disc space it
kept taking up. It also slowed down my Mac, while it was making all those
copies of my deleted files.

But if you can live with that, it is the only application that creates a
trash for the trash, giving you a second chance to correct misstakes.

Tut