[X4U] Convert DVD

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Tue Oct 4 12:46:28 PDT 2005

On Oct 4, 2005, at 9:14 AM, Jim Hurley wrote:

> I have a DVD which I would like to put on my iPod, just the sound
> track of course; it is a orchestral performance.
>
> Is there a way to take the sound off of a DVD?

Is this a video DVD or music DVD? Assuming the former...

1) Use something like MacTheRipper to rip the DVD to your hard drive.
2) Use MPEG Streamclip to Open all the .vob files at once and choose
Demux to AIFF from the File menu.
3) Use iTunes to convert to desired format.

If you need more specifics for any step, feel free to ask. Both
MacTheRipper and MPEG Streamclip can be found via Google,
VersionTracker or the other usual places.

-Mike