[X4U] RE: Alternatives to MS Word

Bill Bauldry BauldryWC at appstate.edu
Wed Oct 5 07:26:59 PDT 2005

For technical (read that as math or science) writing the best choice is
LaTeX. This software is a typesetting system that produces "camera ready
copy" for publishing. (Ask your Windows friends how they use Word/Office to
produce ligatures for fi, fl, ffl, etc.) One of the best TeX systems
available is TeXShop on OS X using TeTeX. See:
    TeXShop: http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/
    TeTeX:   http://www.rna.nl/ii.html

I did a book in Word long ago - typesetting was a nightmare. I switched: My
second book (and third and ...) was done with LaTeX -- I'll never go back.

Bill
______________________________________
Wm C Bauldry, PhD
Professor and Chairperson