[X4U] Power adaptor for Titanium Powerbook

Brett Conlon/HU/Music-AU/SONY brett.conlon at SonyDADC.com
Wed Oct 5 17:05:09 PDT 2005

If you do have the 17" AlBook then I highly recommend you get a 65W
adaptor. I have the 17" AlBook at home and the 15"AlBook at work. I can
use the 15" adaptor (45W) to power and slowly charge the battery of the
17" but if I try to run my external 7200RPM bus-powered Firewire drive
while using the 45W adaptor the drive won't mount. It obviously needs the
extra juice!

Cheers,

Coj

Rod Buchanan <lists at sofstats.com>

On 10/5/05 1:54 PM, "Michel Treisman" <treisman at psy.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> I am looking for an extra power adaptor for my 17" 1GHz TiBook, and
> there seem to be two worth considering.
> There is the Apple power adaptor M8943B,  and there is a Macally
> power adaptor, PS-AC4.
>  From what I can see, the Macally is half the price of the Apple
> power adaptor, but it gives 48watts, and the Apple power supply
> produces 61 watts - I think.

Here's another:

<http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Newer%20Technology/APLN2M/>

I bought one to use with my iBook.  It supports all "Titanium" and
"Aluminum" PowerBooks and puts out 65 watts.

--
Rod

Windows NT crashed.
      I am the Blue Screen of Death