[X4U] Trying to Backup my Hard Drive

Lee Licata lazilicata at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 01:14:58 PDT 2005

Dear List,

With all this talk about file recovery, I decided to back up my
internal powerbook g4 hard drive (80 GB, about 50% full) by making a
disk image of it.

I am running 10.3.9, and all software is up-to-date.

So, I hooked up an external drive 100 gb drive that had some 55 gb of
free space , restarted the g4 from it (also running 10.3.9), launched
disk utility, selected the menu option to make a disk image from the
menu, and got the following:

"image / device is too large."

Tried selecting other options but got the same alert.

Then, restarted g4 from the internal drive, and as expected, was unable
to make an image due to "device busy!."

Looking for a hint?

Thanks!

Lee