[X4U] Re: OS X Speech capabilities question

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sat Oct 8 23:20:35 PDT 2005

Deborah Puerini said:

>The trouble with files on the computer is you still have to
>stop-n-start to keep from going insane and you need a foot pedal for
>that. Randy's suggestion of the AS-4000 Transcription Kit & Olympus
>DS-4000 is kinda pricey. But if money is no object, hell it looks
>wonderful to me!

Actually, it isn't expensive at all.

You can get a 240 minute Olympus digital voice recorder for under $50 at
Overstock.com (I just got one myself).

And it isn't necessary to purchase the foot pedal kit that I mentioned if
you use the very reasonably priced transcription service that I
mentioned, because they have everything necessary to accept your
dictation file as it comes from your digital recorder.  You just FTP it
to them.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html