[X4U] OS X Speech capabilities question

Peter Saint James peterstj at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 9 05:28:44 PDT 2005

On 7 Oct 2005, at 9:48 PM, Randy B.Singer wrote:

> The Olympus AS-2000 Transcription Kit and Olympus DS 660 Digital Voice
> Recorder (or similar) are probably what you want.  You can dictate and
> transfer the file directly to your computer via a USB cable. It works
> with Windows or Mac OS 9 or OS X.

             Randy, it seems you have experience with this machine.
Perhaps you can answer a question I don't find in the specs.

             Does it play an M4A file?   I have some voice files in
iTunes that I would like to play on a more portable device.  I'm
wondering if I can transfer them to this machine and play them.  TIA.

                                                 Peter