[X4U] How do I send a web page in Mail? (Trick)

B. Kuestner kuestner at macnews.de
Sun Oct 9 09:57:07 PDT 2005

Actually that is also a way to create and send complex html-messages
with Mail.

By default the layout capabilities for hmtl-messages are very simple.

But you can use any html-editor of your choice (including TextEdit
for simple tasks), save as html, open in the browser and then send
that to Mail to be sent out.

It's a workaround, but it helped me to send some more than basic
designs.

(And please, let's not let this turn into a discussion how plain text
e-mails are the only truth (c:, although I, too, usually prefer them
whenever possible.)

Björn

p.s. I have already filed a feature request with Apple that Mail's
layout capabilities should be improved and at least match those of
TextEdit's html capabilities.