[X4U] DiskWarrior is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS

Deborah Puerini lovesalsa at cox.net
Mon Oct 10 20:56:51 PDT 2005

Well I cannot recommend DiskWarrior enough. All of a sudden I got
kernel panics like crazy when first starting up, you know, the gray
bitten apple and the rotary spinning gear at the middle bottom startup
screen. Lots of them. Rebooting from another install of OS X (thanks to
my insight into making another Panther boot drive), I searched around
on the 'net and did what has been recommended - disk repair, no luck;
apple-s then typing /sbin/fsck -y and press the return key. Reboot -
Kernel panic again. Tried applejack - same thing. So *I* started to
"panic" if you know what I mean.

I've been putting off actually buying DiskWarrior because of the price,
and whooooaaaa I needed it like NOW. So went to Alsoft's page and lo
and behold, you can download it! Swallowing hard and asking my
overwhelmed credit card for forgiveness, I did the deed. Thank heavens
for broadband. A few minutes later I'm gleefully DiskWarrior-ing that
bad boy disk and now 20 minutes later all is well. WHEW!!!!

So my advice is if nothing else works, chances are very good that DW
will fix it. I'm going to write to them and applaud them for wonderful
work. And tomorrow after work I'm DW-ing all of my disks.

Deb in Rhode Island