[X4U] OpenOffice

A. Scott McCulloch mylists at ascottmcculloch.com
Fri Oct 14 09:43:12 PDT 2005

On Oct 14, 2005, at 1:35 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

>> Instead, I'd suggest using the NeoOffice distribution -- it's
>> based =20
>> off of OpenOffice.org 1.1.4 and doesn't require the X11 windowing =20
>> system.
>>
>> Find out about it, and download it, from here:
>> http://www.neooffice.org/
>>

> How stable is NeoOffice?  I primarily use MS Office 2005, but it would
> appear that NeoOffice has some interesting capabilities.

I haven't used it enough myself to comment with any authority. The
most recent release is considered "Final" for the version number, so
the developers must consider it stable. Also, my girlfriend does some
contract work for SUN and she uses it to work with StarOffice files,
and she hasn't ever come to me for "tech support" with it - so I've
got to assume it's pretty good! ;-)

Scott