[X4U] OpenOffice

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Fri Oct 14 20:37:14 PDT 2005

On 10/14/05 10:26 PM, • Paul E. Miller • wrote:

>> Have you rebuilt permissions on your OS X volume? Are you the Admin? you
>> might also try creating a new User on your computer, with privileges, and try
>> downloading and mounting the .dmg from that account.
>
> As far as I know, all of the above...When the dmg is on the desktop and the
> attempt is made to open it, verification fails and the screen that comes up
> indicates "invalid checksum."

³As far as you know²... Repairing permissions is a separate step, not
something that DiskWarrior or TechTool takes care of. You would know if
you¹d taken the specific steps to do this. It never hurts to do it again.
Locate Disk Utility in your Applications > Utilities folder. Launch it.
Select a disk, and click Repair Disk Permissions. Wait for it to finish.

Then try again.

You¹d also know if you had set up a new User ‹ it¹s a little bit of work.
Try creating a new User on your computer, give it privileges, and try
downloading and mounting a fresh .dmg from that account.

-Linda