[X4U] blank emails

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Sun Oct 16 10:58:11 PDT 2005

On 10/16/05 12:37 PM, Richard Clark wrote:

> I have had this happen a few times and was wondering if anyone knows
> the cause or what is actually going on, the problem is every once in
> awhile i receive an Email using OS X mail and it is completely blank,
> no subject, nothing saying where it is coming from, just the time
> when it arrived. Does anyone know what this is.

I get the same thing in Entourage, so it's not a Mail problem. I think that
they are simply "reconnaissance" emails, designed to locate non-bouncing
email addresses for compilation into a salable list. You can of course view
the long headers and then forward them to the postmaster (or abuse@) of the
originating domain.