[X4U] Re: Funny: MSIE 7 requires standards compliant code

Timothy Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Mon Oct 17 14:14:28 PDT 2005

On Oct 17, 2005, at 1:04 PM, Richard Gilmore wrote:

> That would be nice. Somehow I don't see M$ complying with a
> standard which
> isn't theirs however.

True... I do wish every browser would implement the equivalent of
IE's "conditional comments" which let you say things as specific as
"For version X of browser Y, do this"

Of course people would probably end up using it to require IE7 for
Windows... but it would be nice for CSS writers who have to deal with
no end of hacks to achieve the same thing because "code for the
standards" while a nice idea, is completely impractical.

TjL