[X4U] Re: Incremental backup suggestions?

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Tue Oct 18 17:55:51 PDT 2005

TjL said:

>On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 22:22:32 -0700 "Randy B.Singer" <randy at macattorney.com>
>wrote:
>>The hard part of your question is your desire to back up to DVD's.
>>Though there are a bunch of backup utilities for OS X, backups spanning
>>multiple DVD's is a fairly rare feature, especially among inexpensive
>>backup utilities.
>>

>doesn't Toast7 also do this?  Maybe not inexpensive, but you get a lot for
>your $$

Toast can span a copy of files, and even folders, across multiple disks.
But it isn't a comprehensive backup program.  For instance, it has no
ability to figure out what has changed on your disk and to only back that
up.

I'm also not sure that it can create a bootable backup.

http://www.roxio.com/en/products/toast7/features_key.jhtml

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html