[X4U] Apple Aperture target Audience?

list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Thu Oct 20 02:29:35 PDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 04:23:21PM CDT, Zane H. Healy <healyzh at aracnet.com> wrote:
: At 1:17 PM -0700 10/19/05, Eddie Hargreaves wrote:
: >On 10/19/05 12:58 PM, Zane H. Healy <healyzh at aracnet.com> wrote:
: >
: >> OK, what on earth is the target audience of Apple's new image editing
: >> product "Aperture"?
: >
: >I thought it was overly apparent, even blatant, as the page states right at
: >the top: "Designed for Professional Photographers"
:
: OK, let me put it this way, why would I want "Aperture" instead of
: "Adobe Photoshop CS2"?

1) opens RAW files

2) applies non-linear changes

3) preserves RAW files

4) less-expensive photo-editing tool vs. more-expensive graphics
creation tool

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff: