[X4U] Imac G5: right amount of RAM ???

affaires at vif.com affaires at vif.com
Thu Oct 20 05:02:27 PDT 2005

Hello,

What is the right amount of RAM for an iMac G5 running Tiger 10.4.1. Mine
has 512 and at times the SBOD appears, mostly when Safari is previewing a
portion of a video and (!!!) with Word X trying to paste a chunk of text
fron the clipboard. I do minimal Pshop (crop, gamma adjust, etc), small
Keynotes presentation, my personal asset management in File Maker 6, light
emailing in Mail. No iTuning, no iDVDing. Some light but consistent work on
a few pictures taken with my camera in iPhoto. So should I take apart a 256
stick and replace it with a 512 or a 1gig stick. I need some advices cause I
was told Tiger would run much more smoothly with more memory.

Thanks for your hints

Germain

Imac G5, 1.8 ghz
512 ram / 80 gig HD
Tiger 10.4.1 français

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff: