[X4U] dual layer DVR for G5

Mark Phillips mark at mophilly.com
Thu Oct 20 10:39:03 PDT 2005

I have a Dual 2 GHz G5, about two years old, running MacOS 10.3.9 with
2GB RAM. I would like to upgrade the dvd writer to a dual layer device.

I have a Pioneer DVR-R100 available, which is 8x dual layer writer, 16x
for single dvd, and 40x for cd. I have read through a fair number of
references to Pioneer DVD devices but nothing specific for DVR-R100.
The box doesn't indicate support for MacOS, which tells the story but
then sometimes the box doesn't tell the whole story.

Do I need to upgrade any os or firmware to support the dual layer
device?

Does anyone know if the DVR-R100 will work? If not, can someone
recommend a dual layer device that is compatible?

TIA,

Mark Phillips
Mophilly & Associates
On the web at http://www.mophilly.com