[X4U] G5 Fan Run Amok

bombino episimos 1belami at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:31:25 PDT 2005

I hope you are still under warranty.

I started having a similar problem.  [Looooooooong list of woes followed.]
It ended up being the logic board, which had to be replaced because it
wouldn't accept the thermal calibration which controls the fans.

FWIW:  After 5 trips to the repair shop, Apple has agreed to replace my dual
G5 2gz.  I hope your repair is more successful.  Possibly just a thermal
calibration is necessary.

Bob