[X4U] dual layer DVR for G5

Robert Ashton rashton at telus.net
Thu Oct 20 20:15:16 PDT 2005

Unless you really need an optical drive I would wait till early next
year when HD dvd and Blu-ray technologies will both be out. This
means that what ever drive that you pick now is going to be replaced
shortly. This new technology will allow better video with allowing
more data being written to the disks. The only problem is that Dell,
HP and Apple Computer support Blu-ray, while PC parts suppliers
Microsoft, Intel, Toshiba and NEC back HD-DVD. So we as a consumer
being brought back into the VHS / betamax war.It would be nice if we
could go into the future to see who wins so that we can pick the
right technology now. I, like you really would like to upgrade the
optical drive in my computer and I have considered a dl drive but I
can wait. Lets hope that the HD-DVD / Blu-ray war ends quickly so we
as consumers don't make the mistake of purchasing the wrong drive. Bob