[X4U] loosing dates

Jan Melichar janmel at mac.com
Fri Oct 21 09:16:59 PDT 2005

A wile back I sent a question to this list but had no reply. Perhaps
no one knows the answer or I just sent it at a time when others were
too busy to answer. In case it was the latter I'll try again.

Many files on my iDisk have started to loose their creation dates (is
the end neigh?). Seriously though ought I be worriyng about this
apart from the inconvenience of not being able to search for files by
creation date which I find frequently useful.

This has not happened to all files though I can see no obvious
pattern to the date loss. So by way of 'experiment' (though I'm not
altogether sure what it was 'experimenting' I trashed all the files
and 'created' a series of new files and folders and put them on the
iDisk and over a period of a few days they all eventually lost their
creation dates.  Now weeks later there is still no word from iDisk
support.

I find the synching facility of iDisk enormously useful and it had
made my life a lot simpler since I often work on different computers
but at the moment I'm a bit worried about what it is doing to my
files (and increasingly its sluggish behaviour).

So two questions does it matter for files not to have creation dates
and why does iDisk 'lose' them