[X4U] dual layer DVR for G5

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Fri Oct 21 11:15:18 PDT 2005

On Oct 21, 2005, at 10:55 AM, Linda wrote:

> On 10/21/05 11:41 AM, Philip J Robar wrote:
>
>> Dual layer burning is a pretty common feature these days, but the
>> media remains prohibitively expensive for most of us. The least
>> expensive I could find in a quick web search was $3.00 per disc.
>
> LOL, to me that seems cheap. When I installed the DVR-109 last
> spring, the
> cheapest DL media I could find was $20 a pop.
>
> I remember when *CDs* were a couple bucks apiece; I remember when DVDs
> finally fell below $3 each, too. :)
>
> The price will come down.

But, compared to 10-30 cents for single layer ...

By the time dual layer media gets down to reasonable prices they'll
be obsolete. Blu-ray and/or HD-DVD will have replaced it.

Phil
--
"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though
she's too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I