[X4U] iPhoto problem solved?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sat Oct 22 11:29:51 PDT 2005

Here is a tip for people having problems with iPhoto.  Hold down
"Option"-"Shift" when clicking on iPhoto to start it up.  This will
bring up a dialog that asks you to select your iPhoto library (or
create a new one).

Doing this, and selecting my existing library seems to have
significantly sped things up!  I went from about 50 seconds to start
up to probably 15-20 seconds, and I'm able to type this email while
iPhoto is running.

On the down side, it looks like it won't take a lot to get memory
usage back up there.  It is currently using 773.40MB Real Memory, and
1.18GB Virtual Memory.  Still at least for the time being this has
helped *SIGNIFICANTLY*!

Now if I could get it to stop complaining that "There is not enough
space on the disc to burn all the photos you have selected."  When I
have a brand new CD-R in the drive, and only 274 photos selected
(523MB).

		Zane