[X4U] Best System Version for Old iMac

Fabian Fang ftf at mac.com
Thu Oct 27 09:33:28 PDT 2005

On Oct 26, 2005, at 8:53 PM, Rick Gordon wrote:

> A friend with an old 400/128 G3 slot-loading iMac (Bondi, I think
> -- second- or third-generation) has been running OS 9.1. She is a
> light user, basically email, web, Word, and a bridge game she'd
> probably have to run in Classic if she upgraded. She just purchased
> a printer (HP 8500) that has no Classic driver, and is trying to
> decide whether to return the printer or update her system and
> software.

If by "HP 8500" you or she meant the Hewlett-Packard Color LaserJet
8500 printer, all drivers are available for download as follows,
including Mac OS 8, or 9, or X:

<http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?
prodNameId=15086&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodClassId=-1&prodTypeId=1897
2&prodSeriesId=25506&debug=ActiveWatch>