[X4U] IMac G5 video issue: strange answer from Apple reseller

T.L. Miller tlmiller at mac.com
Sat Oct 29 09:02:03 PDT 2005

On 10/29/05, at 11:36 AM, Germain M., <affaires at vif.com> said:

>"Note: If your iMac G5 is not
>experiencing any of these symptoms, you do not have to contact Apple
>or any Apple Authorized Service Provider." and further it reads: "How
>can I tell if my computer is affected by the component failure
>identified for the iMac G5 Repair Extension Program? An Apple
>technical support representative or an Apple Authorized Service
>Provider (AASP) will need to physically examine your computer to
>determine if the component failure identified for the iMac G5 Repair
>Extension Program affects your computer and, if so, arrange for the
>repair." Nowhere it says that I have to pay something. Is it
>guaranteed or not? Help! This iMac is becominig a source of
>disappointment. Really.

Since the technician said there was no problem traceable to a bad video
card, Apple doesn't owe you $50 based on their statement that you
quote.  Since the dimming problem was not "Scrambled or distorted video,
No video or No power," looks like you are out of luck. Maybe the 10
minute dimming problem is covered under their normal warranty.