[X4U] RE: Looking at platforms objectively

Kuestner, Bjoern Bjoern.Kuestner at drkw.com
Fri Sep 2 08:46:11 PDT 2005

> For what I'm doing I shouldn't need it, the performance problems
> I see are largely due to how they've chosen to use RAM.

How true.

This thread is about being objective. But I confess a good deal of sympathy
for the Mac, Apple and OS X. So I dread the day when Intel hardware becomes
widely available for the Mac and benchmarks will show just how ridiculous
some performance aspects of OS X are, mostly RAM requirements, threading
performance for server software and GUI performance.

Bjorn

X4U mailing list
X4U at listserver.themacintoshguy.com

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff:

http://www.drkw.com/disc/email/ or contact the sender. 3167