[X4U] Re: Lack of sleep - What about widgets I wanna know

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 2 08:58:46 PDT 2005

On 9/2/05 6:42 AM, Michael Winter <winter at mac.com> wrote:

> But the real question is, do they still take that much real memory
> when memory is running tight? I don't care if a widget takes 500 MB
> of RAM if nothing else needs it. If its taking that much when I need
> it for other apps, then its a problem.

The widgets do not reduce their Real Memory based on how much is left for
other apps. My Weather and Yahoo Traffic widgets are currently using 116MB
of Real Memory each. When I launched InDesign, it had to create another
swapfile so that InDesign could have some memory. The widgets are still
using the exact same amount of memory.

When the Weather widget is using 15MB less RAM than Photoshop 7, that just
ain't right.

Eddie Hargreaves