VNC (was: Looking at platforms objectively [X4U])

Kuestner, Bjoern Bjoern.Kuestner at drkw.com
Fri Sep 2 13:13:46 PDT 2005

> On a 768k DSL line, going through VPN, VNC and RDC/WTS
> are about as fast as Mac OS X is with a 100Mbit switched connection.

That's all very interesting what you're saying. And no, I don't believe
you're "doing anything wrong". If that's how it works for you, then those
are the relevant numbers.

Have you tried different VNC Clients? There are several out there for the
Mac and I remember that one of them worked better for fast connections and
another better for slower connections. (Same for the servers by the way, but
you were not talking about VNC servers on the Mac, I believe.) That's all I
could think off. Other than that I'll keep in the back of my mind that my
VNC experience on the Mac is obviously not everybody else's experience.

Bjorn

http://www.drkw.com/disc/email/ or contact the sender. 3166